Luc Longley is one of the sport’s biggest ever names.
He attended the Australian Institute of Sport before embarking on a US scholarship with the University of Mexico.
He was drafted into the NBA in 1991 and he went on to win three NBA Championships with the mighty Chicago Bulls.
He played for the Australia Boomers in three Olympic Games between 1988 and 2000 and represented Australia at the 1990 World Championships.
In 1989 he received the coveted Basketball Australia award for international player of the year.
- Part of the first WA team to win an Australian Junior Championship.
- Attended the AIS before heading the US on a scholarship with the University of Mexico.
- Won three NBA Championships with the Chicago Bulls.
- Represented Australia at three Olympic Games – 1988, 1992, 2000.
- Played his first Olympic Games at 19 years of age (1988) and helped the Boomers to their best ever finish (fourth)
- Basketball Australia International Player of the Year – 1989.
- Represented Australia at the Argentina World Championships – 1990.
- Drafted into the NBA in 1991.
- Basketball Australia Merit Award - 1996.
- Inducted into the Basketball Australia Hall of Fame in 2006.