- Helloworld secures naming rights for the Boomers as well as upcoming Australian Junior Championships
- Deal with Basketball Australia includes national grassroots support for junior teams
Monday 4 July 2016: The Australian national basketball teams have received a timely boost just before Rio with the announcement of a four-year sponsorship deal with Helloworld which includes the naming rights to the men’s national team and the Australian Junior Championships.
From today, Monday 4 July, the Boomers will be known as the Helloworld Boomers and the Helloworld Australian Junior Championships will commence from September 2016 with the Under 14 Club events. The partnership portfolio will see Helloworld promoted to the entire basketball community from grassroots to elite.
Helloworld CEO, Andrew Burnes said the deal was a great opportunity for both Basketball Australia and Helloworld.
“Helloworld is delighted to partner up with Basketball Australia and the Helloworld Boomers. Basketball is a popular sport for all-ages in Australia and we’ve proved that we can mix it with the best in the world. The Helloworld Boomers go into Rio as a real medal chance and it’s an exciting time for basketball in Australia.
Basketball Australia CEO, Anthony Moore said “We are absolutely thrilled to have secured this multi-year partnership with Helloworld. Basketball Australia manages 15 national teams and four national leagues as well as our series of junior championships. Helloworld will provide us with world class expertise for all of our travel requirements”.
“With a considerable retail network, we are looking forward to helping families and friends of our athletes participating in the annual Helloworld Australian Junior Championships travel around the country. The Helloworld Boomers will be playing in Australia and throughout Asia next year as part of the new FIBA World Cup qualifiers. Aussie fans will be able to access excellent travel packages on offer to follow the team.” Moore added.
Media opportunities to see the Helloworld Boomers:
- Tuesday 5 July, 12.30pm at Maribyrnong College, River St, Maribyrnong
- Thursday 7 July, 10.20am, at Maribyrnong College, River St, Maribyrnong
- Saturday 9 July, 10.00am, Green and Gold Scrimmage, Caulfield Grammar School, Glen Eira Rd, Caulfield Farewell Series events at Hisense Arena, Tuesday 12 & Thursday 14 July, 7.30pm.
To apply for Official Media Accreditation for the Scrimmage and the Farewell Games click the link below: https://reg.sportingpulse.com/regoform.cgi?formID=59830
Media contact for the Helloworld Boomers:
- About Helloworld Limited
- Helloworld Limited (ASX: HLO) is a leading Australian based travel distribution company, comprising retail travel businesses, destination management services (inbound) air ticket consolidation, wholesale, corporate and online operations. This includes “helloworld”, Australia’s largest network of franchised travel agents, as well as our Corporate, Associate and Affiliate networks, Qantas Holidays, Go Holidays in New Zealand, AOT Inbound, ATS Pacific, QBT, Sunlover Holidays and Insider Journeys
- “helloworld” is a nationwide network of independently owned and operated retail travel agencies offering Australian and New Zealand travellers outstanding service, and the best value, tailor-made leisure and corporate travel experiences
- HLO has over 2000 staff located in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, the USA, South East Asia, India and UK/Europe
- Helloworld is the proud major sponsor of Volleyball Australia and the helloworld Volleyroos men’s and women’s national teams.
- Helloworld is the Official Travel Partner and a Gold Sponsor of Carlton Football Club.
MEDIA CONTACT for Helloworld: LJ Loch firstname.lastname@example.org m 0439 633 429
Basketball Australia Media contacts:
Lizzie Joyce Lisa Hasker
Lizzie Joyce Publicity Basketball Australia
0408 234 109 0418 194 933