The opening will bring together a host of female and male players with thousands of hours of experience in basketball.
The Perth Lynx, the Perth Wildcats, the Perth Wheelcats and the State Basketball League will all contribute many stars of past and present.
The game card provides two games from 3.00pm on the show courts and fans will be treated to fantastic basketball in a brilliant new facility.
The Hon Terry Waldron, MLA, Minister for Sport will officially open the venue.
According to VenuesWest Chairman Graham Partridge the new centre should bring a new era of basketball to WA with effectively 40000 operable court hours
“VenuesWest is very excited to be able to treat basketball lovers to the opportunity come to the centre as see such great legends do battle again.”
“This is truly a magnificent centre and VenuesWest is aiming at getting 100,000 patrons in the first year.”
Playing will be the likes of Mike Ellis, Cal Bruton and Paul Rogers who have made a huge contribution to WA basketball.
“It is particularly fantastic that 2008 Beijing Paralympic Games gold medalist Justin Eveson will be on court to show everyone why he was the 2008 International Wheelchair Player of the Year,” Mr Partridge said.
· Two show courts
· Six training courts
· 11m high ceilings
· Six change areas and 48 toilets
· Seating for 2000 in show court area
· Seating for 600 on training courts
· Full accessibility for wheelchair sports
· Floors in training space marked for Netball, Badminton, senior and junior basketball, Volleyball,
· Mobile FIBA 1 level backboards in the show courts and FIBA 3 rated ceiling mounted backboards in the training hall
· Full equipped cafe
· VIP meeting room
· Spectator viewing areas from first floor foyer